HISTORY

  On the night of July 20, 1955, a group of New Testament Christians met to discuss the possibility of starting a New Testament Church in West Waynesboro.   This group consisted of seventeen (17) adults and eleven (11) children.

The Jackson-Wilson Middle school auditorium was secured as a temporary meeting place and on November 23, 1955 five (lots) on Cortland Street in the Mondomaine Subdivision of Waynesboro were purchased.  On May 24, 1956 a permit was secured to erect a building on the above mentioned lots with funds pledged by the personal signatures of members.

On September 21, 1957 our building of Worship was dedicated and in the 1970's a new Sanctuary was built, at which time the original Sanctuary became the Fellowship Hall.